As the coronavirus situation evolves, we want to assure you that we are taking significant precautionary measures and adhering to recommendations from public health officials, as well as continuing to follow the expert advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we are closely monitoring updates from the National Institutes of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), North Carolina Division of Health and Human Services, and County health departments where we serve children and families across the region.
Extra measures we are implementing at Carolina Pediatric Therapy.
- In response to Covid-19 we are now offering virtual sessions for all therapy services
In clinics and community settings
- Enhancing our cleaning protocols to give focused attention to all surfaces, waiting rooms, door handles, tools, toys, and common areas.
- Actively reinforcing the preventive measures outlined by the CDC and providing additional hand sanitizing stations, and hand sanitizing practices before and after each session with each child.
- Ceasing the use of our waiting rooms by having parents and siblings either waiting in their vehicles during sessions or having parents accompany children directly into private therapy rooms upon check in to clinics to eliminate extended close contact with those other than your child’s therapist.
- Posting signage in our facilities to remind people how they can help prevent the spread of illness.
- Reaching out to families before making home visits and while confirming clinic appointments to screen for exposure and any symptoms prior to appointment.
- Rescheduling appointments if travel exposure or symptoms are present in the home by the child or other family members.
- Offering some Behavioral Health services through telehealth/virtual environments as allowed by Medicaid and other Insurers.
We recognize that school and childcare closings can create additional strain for parents as well as children whose daily routines have been disrupted. During this trying time, we want to be available to you and to help keep routines as normal as possible for your children, while also keeping health and safety as our top priority. Thank you for trusting us with the care of your child and family.